Error 503 on attachment query

01-10-2019 04:07 AM
GeoprocessamentoCarusoJR
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm getting an error "503 : An error occurred" seemingly random when trying to query attachments from a query.

The feature is the following, but its not public : https://services3.arcgis.com/KjwM1xptHuBxMVga/ArcGIS/rest/services/Área_de_Anotação_de_Desvios/Featu... 

I couldn't find a pattern on when it happens, but if you for example go to a specific feature's attachment info (...FeatureServer/0/1/attachments) and keep refreshing the browser it should eventually happen.

And more for sure way it to query the attachment info for each feature via Javascript, that's how I reached this issue, but even then it sometimes work.

That's all I have, there's no extra message being returned.

Edit: I've just noticed this doesn't just happen with attachment queries, it also happens with feature queries

0 Kudos
7 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Just checked ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard  and ArcGIS Online seems te be working fine. Does this only happen on that service or can you reproduce this with other services? How big is the information (how many features and how many attachments)? Did you reach out to Esri Support?

0 Kudos
GeoprocessamentoCarusoJR
New Contributor III

The error seems to be happening with other services, we've gotten feedback in our company today that some applications failed to load, although a refresh usually fixed it.

Where we're from we don't have access to Esri Support

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Is this happening also when the service is also public? private services are not using the CDN cache and we wonder if it is a availability issue. 

0 Kudos
GeoprocessamentoCarusoJR
New Contributor III

Just tried that, duplicated the layer and republished it as public, same error.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even if you don't have access to Support you can still report a potential service disruption on our Support site:

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support 

GeoprocessamentoCarusoJR
New Contributor III

I was trying to avoid that as here in Brazil its a third party company that does the ESRI support, but I'll start the support hopefully it will be fast.

0 Kudos
GeoprocessamentoCarusoJR
New Contributor III

Upon further inspection, the error is coming from Amazon CloudFront, more specifically this error : HTTP 503 Status Code (Service Unavailable) - Amazon CloudFront 

So it means ESRI's server hit a limit, this has been happening with many of our layers and it's quite problematic.

0 Kudos