ERROR 010211: Could not open the specified point file

06-22-2019 02:47 AM
MichelleAng
New Contributor

I am trying to carry out an IsoCluster Unsupervised Classification and yesterday it worked but today when I tried to run the tool again, using the same files, I keep receiving this error: 

ERROR 010211: Could not open the specified point file c:\users\michelle\appdata\local\temp\arc3c6e\\sigtmp~1.gsg. MLClassify failed!

I tried running the tool on both ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3 and ArcMap 10.6.1 but received the same error in both applications. It seems to be trying to access a signature file in one of the PC's temp folders and I've never experienced this before in the countless times I've run this tool until now. And, I didn't make any changes to my PC recently. 

Has anyone experienced this problem before and knows how to solve it? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I hate to give this reply but, have you tried restarting your system.  The standard IT response.  You may have a temp file with an orphaned lock file.  We have see this or similar errors especially, if we have been having network problems to file shares.

0 Kudos
MichelleAng
New Contributor

Hi Lance! I tried restarting it 3 times now, I even tried it on other Computers in the lab but the same problem still persists. Thanks for the advice though! 

However, I'm thinking it might be just a problem with the .tif file I'm using because I've tried using other .tif files and the tool works. The .tif file that I'm using that's having this problem was a downloaded composite image from Google Earth Engine code. 

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Michelle,

Just curious, are you able to create a signature file using the Create Signature File tool?  If not, what error is given.

0 Kudos
MichelleAng
New Contributor

Hi Lance! I'm sorry but I have already removed the problematic files and am unable to test this out. But I would assume that the Create Signature File tool wouldn't work with the problematic file because it didn't even run using the IsoCluster tool in the first place. 

0 Kudos