ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.

07-30-2012 07:43 AM
YimanSong
New Contributor III
I got this error when I try to publish a tiled map service to ArcGIS Online through ArcMap. Does anyone know why?
Tags (2)
61 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know how I could do this on ArcPro? Still new to navigating around in there. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
AmberShows
New Contributor

That's what worked for me as well, thanks Will Schulte.

0 Kudos
KeG
by
New Contributor II
I'm getting this error now too. I'm publishing a gp tool with a py script. My data is an empty gdb that i'm only using to get a schema into one of my gp tools.
I'm telling it not to move data. But it still busts with this error.
0 Kudos
BenAller
New Contributor III
I just got this error too.  I published a map document as a service about 2 months ago without any major problems.  This morning I attempted to republish the same map document with no changes except for editing capabilities.  The error shows up, and I retry a couple times and get the same error msg.  Then after read this thread, I went back and tried again to publish and it worked.  The only thing I did differently was to preview the service first.  Got me.....
0 Kudos
TracyBusby
New Contributor
I was told that the service does not like versioned SDE.  Best to export to personal or file geodb before publishing.:cool:

Can anyone help me with a viewshed analysis?
0 Kudos
JasonLyon
New Contributor III
this error came out of the blue yesterday, have tried changing the staging folder with no help, cleaned out more storage space - no solution.
Can not overwrite an existing service, nor can I publish new service.
Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II
I'm having the same problems with this error. I'm trying to publish to ArcGIS Online, using 10.2. I've changed the staging folder, etc.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
There are a few possible reasons why consolidation fails.  These are the most common reasons we have seen.

1. Low disk space.  Change your staging path.

2. License doesn�??t support copying data.  For example, you try and consolidate (which is copying) data like a network or a terrain and you don�??t have the appropriate license level.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
SorrenMills
New Contributor
Seen this happening several times and on several different systems for no apparent reason. Just lately, it has started occurring on a system that was previously working a week ago, so now I have a bunch of map services published that I can't overwrite nor create new services.

1. I have Advanced license level
2. I have over 50GB on both C and D drives - switching the staging folder to either makes no difference.
3. Tried renaming path names etc. but no luck.

Strangely, I have 3 MXDs that publish fine and 3 that refuse to. I can't see any differences to indicate why some work and some don't.
0 Kudos
AlisonFletcher
New Contributor
Could I be getting this error if my dataset were too large?
0 Kudos