Enterprise Login Invite - Invalid User

Jump to solution
01-10-2014 08:14 AM
dkav
by
Occasional Contributor
For an organization account using enterprise login, I have a user who is unable accept an invite. She keeps getting a message stating "Invalid User, Unable to validate user xxxxx". I checked the SAML coming from our identity provider and it states that her credentials were valid. Other invitees have not had this issue. Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue? Could the ESRI assigned username (xxxxx_orgname) be already taken?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Darren - try sending the invitation again. The account, xxxx_UW_GEOG, has been deleted so the process should be successful this time.

Deleting precreated users will delete them from ArcGIS Online. However, this capability wasn't exposed in the website until the December update.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Perhaps the invitation expired? From the Pending Members list, did you try resending the invitation?

Mike
0 Kudos
dkav
by
Occasional Contributor
I have resent the invite multiple times. I even had her try on my workstation on a "clean" browser. Every time she initiates the invite this clears her from the Pending Members list. So I have to start again with a completely new invite.

Perhaps the invitation expired? From the Pending Members list, did you try resending the invitation?

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you give us the username you're having trouble with?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
dkav
by
Occasional Contributor
xxxxx_xx_xxxx

This account may have been created and then removed before we moved to enterprise logins. Does deleting "pre-established" ArcGIS logins from our organization remove them globally from ArcGIS online?

Can you give us the username you're having trouble with?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Darren - try sending the invitation again. The account, xxxx_UW_GEOG, has been deleted so the process should be successful this time.

Deleting precreated users will delete them from ArcGIS Online. However, this capability wasn't exposed in the website until the December update.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
dkav
by
Occasional Contributor
That worked. Thank you.

Darren - try sending the invitation again. The account, heatonc_UW_GEOG, has been deleted so the process should be successful this time.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
dkav
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have a few more accounts that need to be deleted. Can I post them somewhere secure and have them removed?

Darren

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Send an email to arcgisonline_accounts@esri.com. We'll be able to handle it from that alias.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos