empty attribute table on web map

Jump to solution
02-18-2017 09:44 AM
ElizabethHigh
New Contributor III

Hey all,

I'm making a  web map on ArcGIS Online. When I open the attribute tables of the feature layers while I'm in the webmap, they're blank. The field headers are there, but there is no data. When I open the features as shapefiles in a .mxd file, the attribute tables are fine. This seems like something that probably has an easy fix, but I've tried everything I can think of. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

16 Replies
ElizabethHigh
New Contributor III

I tried replacing the FeatureServer URL with the Map Server URL, and the table became usable (this isn't really a useful fix because you don't have as much control of the layers within the map).

When viewed through an app (I created one on WAB), the table is completely visible.

Wish I knew what was actually wrong. Sorry this is isn't more helpful. 

0 Kudos
SteeveEbener
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I am experiencing the same problem and it seems that the Map Server URL approach is unfortunately not an option for me as I don't have an ArcGIS server...

Has per chance any progress being made over the past 1 1/2 months on where the problem is coming from and how to solve it using a FeatureServer URL?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

0 Kudos
AdelaideZumwalt1
Occasional Contributor II

I found that if I had hidden fields in ArcMap during the publishing process the attribute tables on ArcGIS Online would be empty. Once I made sure all my fields were shown in ArcMap I could publish to ArcGIS Online successfully and hide fields on the webmap. It's a pain if you frequently publish maps with hidden fields, but it works.

JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

I found this same behavior in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.0. My Related table published empty until I made all fields able to view.

0 Kudos
Jimmy_MyESRIBisese
New Contributor II

I concur that if there are any hidden fields then the attribute table is empty.  If you query the layer it returns 0 records.  While publishing from ArcGIS Desktop, using Preview, the layer displays correctly.  But when published the data is either not there, or there is no way to get to it.

This is a BUG. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So does this issue mean if you have a feature class with 20 fields and you hide 1 field in the mxd when publishing, then the attribute table in the webmap is blank for all fields?

Jimmy_MyESRIBisese
New Contributor II

It appears to be the case.  At least that is what I found out today after 2 hours of working on it.  I hid one field that was always empty, and when I republished the layer the layer showed up empty in AGOL.  When I unhid the field, and republished, the layer displayed correctly, queried correctly, and showed up in the attribute table correctly.