Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing a shared hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
09-04-2016 02:16 PM
MarkCederholm1
New Contributor II

I'm experimenting with a hosted feature layer in AGOL.  When it's shared to everyone, if I open it in a new map with full edit control, the add feature tool doesn't work, and any edits I make won't take.  When I unshare it, then everything works fine.  Is this normal behavior?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi pierssen - are you using Google Chrome for your browser when you see this? Can you try a different browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox) and see if you are able to reproduce the behavior? It sounds like a bug Chrome introduced with version 52.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm1
New Contributor II

I went ahead and tried it in IE, and it worked!  I went back to Chrome again, and the same bad behavior.  What I don't understand, if this is a Chrome bug, why would editing still work when the layer is not shared? 

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for confirming. Requests are a bit different with a layer that is shared publicly vs one that is not. When shared publicly, the requests trigger this issue in Chrome (essentially the browser does not correctly handle certain types of request responses).

The Chrome team has acknowledged this as a regression and is planning to patch the current version (this issue is already fixed in future versions of Chrome, yet to be released). Should be available as a browser update fairly soon.

0 Kudos