Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit Layer from Server in AGOL

Jump to solution
07-21-2023 06:47 AM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to add a map service layer from ArcGIS Server to ArcGIS Online and be able to edit this layer inside of AGOL.

I have shared the map service from ArcGIS Server to ArcGIS Online. The Map Service has feature access enabled with create, query, and update toggled on. When shared to AGOL, the map service appears as a Map Image Layer. 

I am unable to edit the service in AGOL via this method. Is there a better way of going about doing this or another step I need to take?

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correct. How are you currently sharing it, by the way? I'm thinking this is in a publishing process via Pro. If it's just directly from the Server, sharing by a URL, then you need to manage the service to enable feature access, then add it using the URL "your-server/your-service/FeatureServer".

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you share the service, be sure to check the box for "Feature". You need a Feature Server endpoint to make edits.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoshBillings

Thanks for the reply, @jcarlson

To make sure I understand you, do you mean when I share the service from ArcGIS Server to AGOL?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Correct. How are you currently sharing it, by the way? I'm thinking this is in a publishing process via Pro. If it's just directly from the Server, sharing by a URL, then you need to manage the service to enable feature access, then add it using the URL "your-server/your-service/FeatureServer".

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoshBillings

This map service was published some time ago from ArcMap to Server.

I have shared this service from Server to AGOL from the Server itself.

The URL was the issue! I had MapServer in the URL rather than FeatureServer.

Thank you sir!

0 Kudos