Downloading a Web Style

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 07:31 AM
mcolwin
New Contributor III

Hi all - I've published a Web Style from ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3 to ArcGIS Online. While I can add and use this Web Style in ArcGIS Pro (haven't tested using it in the new Map Viewer yet), some of the style items are lost (by design). However, I believe it's supposed to be the case that on the item in AGOL, I can click Download to save a local version of the style file (I think with all the missing style items that Web Styles don't support?). 

When I click "Download", I just see what I believe is a huge .JSON document open in the browser. Is there something I'm missing for downloading the style file?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

When you publish a web style you should see a style file item is also generated during the publishing of this and it is called a Desktop Style instead of a Web Style. Currently web styles only support point styles but lines and polygons are on our roadmap.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

When you publish a web style you should see a style file item is also generated during the publishing of this and it is called a Desktop Style instead of a Web Style. Currently web styles only support point styles but lines and polygons are on our roadmap.

0 Kudos
mcolwin
New Contributor III

Thanks, I found the second item that gets generated right around the time you responded.