Do I need Portal (internal)?

10-28-2014 01:57 PM
MichaelBishopp
Occasional Contributor

Do I need internal Portal in order to get my ArcGIS.com geoprocessing task results to be sent to my internal ArcGIS server instances?  Or is there some configuration I can do to send geoprocessing tasks from ArcGIS.com to something other than Esri's cloud?

Michael

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

The results get created and stored in the cloud. However, feature layers have an option to export the data, so you could download it from the cloud to get it locally.

thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBishopp
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mike,

I'm not sure you understood my original question:

Basically I want to know how to get geoprocessing results from ArcGIS.com to go to my internal ArcGIS Server instead of to the cloud.  I asked if I need Portal to be internal to do this (do you know that you can actually buy an internal Portal that is installed on your local/internal servers instead of using the default cloud Portal?  Obviously there is another cost associated with this, so I would like to NOT go that way if I can help it)...or if there is some other setting in ArcGIS.com that I can set to send the geoprocessing results to my internal ArcGIS Server instances.  Do you know the answer to that?

Michael

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

With the new Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online, you can configure a Geoprocessing widget.  This will use your local Geoprocessing Service, and write the results back to your local server.

0 Kudos
MichaelBishopp
Occasional Contributor

OK,

Thanks Jake, that is good to know.  My original question still stands, though:  Is there a setting in ArcGIS.com (cloud service or SAAS) that can be set to send the geoprocessing results of ArcGIS.com to a local (internal to us) ArcGIS Server instance?

Michael

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael Bishopp

• There is no way to perform analysis against your own ArcGIS Server from ArcGIS.com.
  • Portal for ArcGIS is an on premises version of ArcGIS Online installed at your site. Find out more here.
  • At this time, Portal for ArcGIS does not support the analysis tools that are currently available in ArcGIS.com. We are working on this with a release sometime in the first half of 2015.

Thanks,

Mike