Deleting Reports

Jump to solution
01-17-2024 06:09 AM
SharonStone
New Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Online Community! I'm new here so forgive my inexperience but does anyone know if one can mass delete reports?  I accidentally ran like 90 reports when I only meant to run 5.  Now I must delete the ones I didn't need in order to get credits back. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SharonStone
New Contributor

I figured out how to mass delete the reports.  Here are the steps I took:

1) Log into my ArcGIS Business Analyses

2) Open the project in which the reports your want to delete are located

3) Click on "View Full Table" in bottom left corner

4) Under "Previously run reports", right mouse-click on the "PDF Report" symbol at the far left of the1st report to be deleted to select/highlight that report (clicking anywhere else in the row will open the report which is not what you want).

5) Use the "Ctrl" key + right mouse-click on the "PDF Report" symbol to select/highlight additional reports to be deleted  (If a report is selected in error, simply Ctrl+click to unselect)

6) Right click on the "..." at the far right of any highlighted row

7) Right click on "Delete items" and select "OK" to confirm

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @SharonStone 

Thank you for your question and a very interesting one at that.
I have checked the current documentation, but I was not able to find anything on how to delete reports in bulk.  I also found the following article, Supercharge your ArcGIS Online Organization Management with Reports, but could not find anything there either.

I think this functionality would be very useful, so I would like to suggest going to the ArcGIS Ideas site to request/suggest this capability.

Have a great day ahead,

Miguel
0 Kudos
SharonStone
New Contributor

I figured out how to mass delete the reports.  Here are the steps I took:

1) Log into my ArcGIS Business Analyses

2) Open the project in which the reports your want to delete are located

3) Click on "View Full Table" in bottom left corner

4) Under "Previously run reports", right mouse-click on the "PDF Report" symbol at the far left of the1st report to be deleted to select/highlight that report (clicking anywhere else in the row will open the report which is not what you want).

5) Use the "Ctrl" key + right mouse-click on the "PDF Report" symbol to select/highlight additional reports to be deleted  (If a report is selected in error, simply Ctrl+click to unselect)

6) Right click on the "..." at the far right of any highlighted row

7) Right click on "Delete items" and select "OK" to confirm

MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @SharonStone 

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the reports an Administrator of an ArcGIS Online organization can create as per the article I included in my response.

Thank you for providing your workflow on how to bulk-delete reports within ArcGIS Business Analyst. I was not aware that could be done. It is always wonderful to learn something new. 

Miguel