Select to view content in your preferred language

Default Map Extent - Something has changed behind the scenes - This doesn't work as expected anymore

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
BlakeMorrison
New Contributor III

I have multiple dashboards and ExB apps setup with web maps. While I can still set the default extent via the web map, it no longer functions in the same way. The default extent seems to depend on the browser window size, but in an incorrect/illogical manner. I'm unable to get my apps to open at the extent I expect them to, or that they used to open at.

This all changed around the Feb 2024 update I believe.

Whether my browser window is maximised or not when I set the zoom level, should not affect the saved map extent. Currently it does. Previously it didn't.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Depending on the view size could impact how that extent is being used. If you want to preserve the scale so all maps open at the same scale focused on the same point I would recommend under Map Settings in Map Viewer enabling Preserve Map Scale. 

RussRoberts_0-1718110013843.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Depending on the view size could impact how that extent is being used. If you want to preserve the scale so all maps open at the same scale focused on the same point I would recommend under Map Settings in Map Viewer enabling Preserve Map Scale. 

RussRoberts_0-1718110013843.png

0 Kudos