Select to view content in your preferred language

Date Fields when appending to hosted Feature Layers

Jump to solution
03-06-2018 07:34 AM
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

When appending data to hosted Feature Layers in ArcGIS Online via its Item Details page, is there a recommended format for date fields when uploading a .csv file? I encountered this error, but once I changed the date format (to something like 08/11/2018 17:00:00) it worked as expected. I haven't found any official documentation on this and wondered what needs to be considered when working with date fields in this manner.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Have you seen this help page and looked at the dates section?

Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Have you seen this help page and looked at the dates section?

Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

That's exactly what I'm looking for - thanks Robert. In particular the following section is useful:

Enter dates in MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss format

Regardless of how dates are displayed in the table, you can only enter dates in MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss format, enclosed in single quotation marks. For example, to set a date field to 5:00 PM on May 27, 2014, you would type '05/27/2014 05:00:00PM', '05/27/2014 5:00PM', or '05/27/2014 17:00:00' (24-hour clock). Storing time alone is not supported—time must always be a component of a date.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Great. Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.