Data disappears as I zoom in

06-03-2021 07:50 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I've seen various posts about data disappearing people zoom out, but I have the opposite problem; data disappears, or more accurately is 'cut off' as I zoom in.

The data is clearly there, as 'selection' picks out the entire feature (portal data loss4), but it just doesn't appear on screen. Data from two separate layers is cut off at exactly the same point, which suggests this is not something specific to the layers. As you zoom out, the data appears again, and then disappears at the exact same point as you zoom back in.

Any ideas?

Ta

11 Replies
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

I had a very similar problem last week. I shared feature classes on my local server as web layers to AGOL from Pro, updated them in the field with Field Maps, and when I viewed them in the Portal in Pro the following day half of them would only display when I zoomed out. ESRI told me it was a random issue with the Trimble I was using and didn't really solve why it occurred. I shared the URL to this post with their support staff who worked with me. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

Did you find the solution? Try exporting the data to a new dataset, either just right click and export or run feature class to feature class on it. Does it appear at all extents then? 

0 Kudos