Create Replica in AGOL -shape

Jump to solution
09-14-2016 03:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since the Last release off Arcgis Online (20160914)  we have been unable to create a replica from a Feature -layer. We can not create shapefiles - but we can create FileGeodatabase.

Doesn´t AGOL support the creation of replicas in the format of .shp any longer or is it a bug that you plan to fix?

Look at the attach image! It worked yesterday.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I'm not sure if you have been contacted by support yet, but I have an update on the particular issue. The development team has identified this as a bug and will address the issue tomorrow night (Pacific Time).

-Kelly

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hello,

Please contact technical support to look into this issue further. Let me know if you need any help getting in touch with support.

Thank you,

Kelly

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be nice to get in contact with the technical support. Please give me a hand.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hello,

I'm not sure if you have been contacted by support yet, but I have an update on the particular issue. The development team has identified this as a bug and will address the issue tomorrow night (Pacific Time).

-Kelly

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works! Thanks for a fast response - we didn´t needed to do expensive workarounds.

0 Kudos
WhereMatters
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are seeing issues with create replica in shape format. We are trying to get features within a polygon as shapefile. It does not work when a polygon geometry is supplied while creating the replica. It returns a zip file containing the shapefile, but the shapefile always has zero features. We have confirmed that the polygon contains features from the layer, but it always returns 0 features in the zipfile. 

It works well when filegdb is set as the output format and we are able to see only features within the polygon. 

If we do not provide the polygon geometry, then it works and downloads the complete dataset as shapefile. But we are looking for downloading only within specified polygon geometries.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Anand,

I recommend contacting technical support to look into this issue further. Are you specifically trying to extract the data?

This tool is available with the output of a shapefile. You can also clip the features returned to a specific polygon:

Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
WhereMatters
Occasional Contributor

Kelly, thanks for your response. 

I was just trying to assess if this behavior is already a known issue from the community before we contact tech support. Other community members facing a similar issue may also benefit from this before they go through the support process. 

We are building an appbuilder widget and do not wish to include a dependency on a geoprocessing service which complicates the deployment. So the extract data task is not an option for us.

0 Kudos