Select to view content in your preferred language

Configure the search feature: problems

Jump to solution
12-18-2014 04:33 AM
Vittorio_EmanueleIervolino
Deactivated User

I can not add to my map the search functionality

I imported a cadastral

and I would like to search within a specific feature a particle.

I follow step by step directions:

http://doc.arcgis.com/it/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-feature-search.htm

(italian, sorry)

I go to the web map where I loaded only shape "particles"

but arrival at the property and I am only fields:

Itineraries

Measuring Tool

Selector basemaps

I can then complete step 6.

parallel I used as a web mapping application template "Search"

but I'm going to open it up and tells me that I did not set any layer for research.

what is wrong?

thanks

Vittorio

Naples

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Most likely, the layer you've imported is not a type that supports setting up search. The only layers that allow you to define search against it are:

• Layers published to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature layer
  • Layers that reference ArcGIS Server Map services or Feature services with Query operation enabled.

This help topic tells you how to edit the service properties for an arcgis server layer and enable query.

About editing services—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Most likely, the layer you've imported is not a type that supports setting up search. The only layers that allow you to define search against it are:

• Layers published to ArcGIS Online as a hosted feature layer
  • Layers that reference ArcGIS Server Map services or Feature services with Query operation enabled.

This help topic tells you how to edit the service properties for an arcgis server layer and enable query.

About editing services—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server

0 Kudos
BarbaraEbohon
Deactivated User

Hi!

I just had the same problem...

May I ask how you did your upload? Did you go for "Add Data" or did you publish your data using ArcMap?

If you publish your data with ArcMap into ArcGIS Online then the Feature layer and the Service Definition will be uploded at once. If you go for "Add Data" the Service Definition will be missing (from my experience)...

It may be that the Service Definiton is needed to configure the search for Features...

After I published my data with ArcMap (10.2.2.) to ArcGIS Online everything worked out fine.

0 Kudos