Combining multiple layers into one layer.

12-10-2016 02:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am new to ArcGIS and I am currently using the trial version of the Web Maps to decide if it fits my company's needs before we purchase a subscription. I have currently uploaded 60 layers (.CSV files are limited to 1000 lines per upload) and I need to upload another 100 or so layers. To make navigating through layers easier, I would like to combine several layers into just one. How do I accomplish this on the Web Version of the software? I have seen instructions using the ArcToolBox > DataManagement but I can't seem to find this feature.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a limit of 1000 features when adding features directly to the web map in ArcGIS Online. FAQ: Is there a feature limit in ArcGIS Online? 

ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools that you mentioned are available with ArcGIS Desktop (not ArcGIS Online). If you have license for ArcGIS Desktop, You can merge all the layers together and republish it to ArcGIS Online. When you publish from ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro), there is no limitation to the number of features added to the web map.

Think Location
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Bryan,

If you have more than 1000 records in your csv file, try publishing it as a hosted feature service. There isn't a record limit for this type of service and all of the features can be part of the same service.

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos