Cannot delete member / user ID, ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
09-14-2020 07:45 PM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to delete a user ID from ArcGIS Online, but I keep getting the 'Unable to delete member: <ID Name>. Member must not own items or groups.' error message. I have either deleted or transferred all Content and Groups - nothing shows up when I view Content or Groups for this ID.

This ID is a Creator type and not an Admin. And no assigned licenses.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? Or is there something else I need to look at? Is there a force delete option? Haven't had any issues deleting other ID's. I'm guessing something is hung-up somewhere??

This is what you see when logged in to this ID:

UPDATE:

I though I would take a look with ArcGIS Online Assistant, and I see two map areas. These don't appear when in ArcGIS Online. 

Thanks, Jamie.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLambert

As mentioned in my update, there were two 'map areas' that are not visible at all in ArcGIS Online. I opened ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant), as I had run out of other things to try, and could see these items.

Clicking on each item opened the Overview tab, and I deleted them on the Settings tab. Once this was done, I could delete the ID.

My tip of the day: If you can't delete an ID and you get the 'Unable to delete member: <ID Name>. Member must not own items or groups.' error message, open ArcGIS Online Assistant and have a look!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamieLambert

As mentioned in my update, there were two 'map areas' that are not visible at all in ArcGIS Online. I opened ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant), as I had run out of other things to try, and could see these items.

Clicking on each item opened the Overview tab, and I deleted them on the Settings tab. Once this was done, I could delete the ID.

My tip of the day: If you can't delete an ID and you get the 'Unable to delete member: <ID Name>. Member must not own items or groups.' error message, open ArcGIS Online Assistant and have a look!

0 Kudos