Cannot add point to feature layer from ArcGIS Online, only Collector

01-15-2014 08:44 AM
GrantHamby
New Contributor
I've created a feature layer in ArcMap and put it on my map. I can collect data in the field with Collector and it syncs up perfectly to my ArcGIS Online map, but I cannot add a point and input data from ArcGIS Online. When I go to "Edit" on the online map viewer, it allows me to edit existing feature points, but when I try to add a new point, nothing happens. I am the administrator and all permissions seem to allow this. What am I missing?
Tags (2)
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Is this feature layer hosted in ArcGIS Online or running on your own ArcGIS Server?
How is editing enabled on the item? Can you list out the specific details?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
deleted-user-BAik00wdZwPa
New Contributor II

Was a solution ever found for this problem? We're having the same issue with an ArcGIS Server feature service with Create, Delete, Query, Sync, and Update capabilities enabled.

We can create new features in Collector but in ArcGIS Online web maps and web apps, when you click to add a new feature there is a blue status bar and then nothing happens.

We've confirmed that the edit operation in the web map and web app do not commit new edits to the database (we thought the symbology or feature templates may have hid the point after creation but that's not the case).

0 Kudos
TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

Totally getting the same thing...……...Do you recall what the problem was?