Can't delete map tile package once published anymore?

Jump to solution
05-29-2017 07:06 AM
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

I used to delete map tile packages from ArcGIS Online once they are publised. Since last update, the tile layer seems to be linked to the map tile package, and I can't delete it, even if the layer is fully published.

I guess that is consuming twice the credits... Is there still a way to delete the map tile package? Is that a way ESRI found to make me consume more credits?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Ok I found out. To delete a map tile package, you now have to go to the "Settings" page of the the package and hit that delete button. You get the following error, but I don't think there's anything to be scared of, as I've never kept the packages in AGOL before once they were published. I keep them on my computer and save the 1.2 credit/gb.

For "Map tile packages" delete, the difference is:

• If you delete a tile package (.tpk), the hosted tile layer published from it can no longer be taken offline.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you followhttps://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-2996-publish-a-tiled-service-to-arcgis-online-wo-arcgis-for-serv...‌ for publishing cached services in ArcGIS Online?

Think Location
0 Kudos
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Hi,

Yes that's exactly how I create tile layers. My concern is about deleting the "Map tile package" once it is published. Before the last update, when I was done publishing the "Tile layer", I was able to delete the "Map tile package", saving the 1.2 credit/GB for file storage. Now, when I delete the "Map tile package", I get this error:

0 Kudos
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Ok I found out. To delete a map tile package, you now have to go to the "Settings" page of the the package and hit that delete button. You get the following error, but I don't think there's anything to be scared of, as I've never kept the packages in AGOL before once they were published. I keep them on my computer and save the 1.2 credit/gb.

For "Map tile packages" delete, the difference is:

• If you delete a tile package (.tpk), the hosted tile layer published from it can no longer be taken offline.