Can I use anything like "Identify" (of ArcMap) in ArcGISonline?

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 01:14 PM
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

I am using ArcGISonline as forum member. I can add nee ArcGIS service and objects (point, polyline, polygon) appear on the Map. With each object, the publisher (remote ArcGIS server) provides a set of attributes. I am looking for way to inspect the attributes. When I click any object, this triggers zooming. I did not find any obvious icon similar to Identify here.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Does this have anything to do with the choice of browser? In my case, I am using Firefox.  It might be; I'm strictly a Chrome user so perhaps give a different browser a try.

...can I set that as overall default behaviour so as not have to "enable" for each and every feature?  Let's first get some nomenclature straightened out:  A feature layer is made up of individual features.  For example, you may have a point feature layer of bus stops, so when you identify an individual point feature, you are given information specific to that stop:  what routes stop there etc.  Pop up properties are set for the entire feature layer regardless of what stop you click on.

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Icons from ArcGISonlineCOnfigure popup

Currently available icons are. I also clicked on "More" from details as per help to see if I can configure popup. But could not find anything. See enclosed screenshots.

Icons

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Does your mouse work correctly for other applications?  Typically the mouse wheel controls the zoom and left mouse click on a feature will open the pop up.

0 Kudos
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Thanks Joe for responding.

A.

I was expecting exactly that such as soft click in left mouse button would open up attributes. But in my case, it results in zooming in. Is there an alternative way?

Soft click (left mouse button) does nothing. Double click (left mouse button) results in zooming.

B.

Mouse wheel control also helps me to zoom in and out. So, that feature works correctly.

C.

Does this have anything to do with the choice of browser? In my case, I am using Firefox.

0 Kudos
DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Hi Joe,

I found "Configure popup" and "Enable popup" when I click "..." in individual feature. When I clicked "enable popup", it starts to show me attributes. This is good. However, can I set that as overall default behaviour so as not have to "enable" for each and every feature?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Does this have anything to do with the choice of browser? In my case, I am using Firefox.  It might be; I'm strictly a Chrome user so perhaps give a different browser a try.

...can I set that as overall default behaviour so as not have to "enable" for each and every feature?  Let's first get some nomenclature straightened out:  A feature layer is made up of individual features.  For example, you may have a point feature layer of bus stops, so when you identify an individual point feature, you are given information specific to that stop:  what routes stop there etc.  Pop up properties are set for the entire feature layer regardless of what stop you click on.

DebasisChatterjee
New Contributor

Hi Joe,

Sorry for delay in responding. For now, I am good with the step of enabling popup from a feature.

We can close this ticket as "resolved".

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You can do that by either clicking assumed answered, or click correct...

0 Kudos