Basic View Template Print Issue with IE 9

03-20-2013 06:54 AM
KimberlySparks
New Contributor
I downloaded the Basic Viewer template and the print feature is not working in IE 9.  It is working perfectly in FireFox and Chrome.  It works for me in IE9 when I view the template through ArcGIS on-line, just not in my downloaded version.  Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Kimberly, I just downloaded the basic viewer template and am able to print with IE 9. What issue are you seeing?

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
KimberlySparks
New Contributor
When I make a selection from the print drop down, nothing happens.
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Clear your web browser cache and try again. Here's instructions for clearing your cache on IE 9:

http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
KimberlySparks
New Contributor
I followed those instructions, but still no luck.
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
hmm what's the exact version of IE9? If you haven't, try the template locally on the server where it's staged. i.e., http://localhost/<rest of the url to template>.

When you configured the template, did you make any changes other than the web map and sharing URL?
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Perfect, thanks - I have a reproducible case now. It appears to be specific to certain web maps. Print works on IE 9 for one web map, but then not another. Unfortunately, no workaround at this time. You can track this issue here. It should be fixed with the next website update.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Kimberly,

One other thing - are you using a proxy? That may be the culprit as well. The template's readme, included in the download, has instructions for configuring a proxy.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos
KimberlySparks
New Contributor
Hi Chris,

I am not using a proxy.  Do you think that would help?

Also, when I go to the link you posted for tracking the issue, I get the folllowing:

"Your search - NIM090167 - did not match any documents."

Thanks!

--Kim
0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor
A proxy could very well resolve the issue for you - it fixed it for my reproducible case.

And I'll look into why the bug tracking isn't showing results for this issue.

Thanks,

Chris
0 Kudos