Available Fonts in Vector Tile Layer Editor

01-06-2023 10:12 AM
Philip_Ruthstrom
New Contributor II

I'm currently working on a custom tile layer in the Vector Tile Style Editor. This tile layer was exported from ArcPro 3 with significant customization (labels, symbology, fonts, scaling, etc). I was not surprised to find the fonts unsupported when I began working in the Style Editor, but did not expect to see so few font options!

What I see listed is..

• Arial Bold
  • Arial Italic
  • Arial Regular
  • Tahoma Regular
  • Times New Roman Bold Italic

But according to the Esri Vector Basemaps Reference Document (v2) there are 136 supported fonts. So where are they in the Style Editor? Are they only available in ESRI-provided basemaps?

3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@Philip_Ruthstrom Are you using ArcGIS Vector Tile Style Editor? I see more fonts:

AyanPalit_0-1673032214327.png

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
Philip_Ruthstrom
New Contributor II

As stated in the submission, I am using the Vector Tile Style Editor, yes. And the only fonts available are those shown below.

Vector Tile Style Editor fonts.jpg

0 Kudos
PatrickKielty
New Contributor III

Not sure if you ever figure this out, but we found that we had to publish the Vector Map to AGOL with all the different varieties of fonts we wanted to use. So our Vector Tile has about 30 different fonts available. If you only exported/shared the map with the fonts you listed, that is all you will to style your map. 

0 Kudos