Autocomplete a field in a feature service based on the values from another layer

08-31-2015 01:01 PM
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

I have an empty SDE feature class (SQL Server) published as a feature service and shared in a web map.  I want to use the Collector app to start an inventory of some features.  One of the fields that will get populated is the site address of the feature being collected.  Rather than typing in the full address manually, I would like it to auto suggest.  As you type more characters, the suggestions get narrowed down until you can pick the one you want.  I don't need it to zoom to the location, though. It just needs to fill in the blank.  I have an ArcGIS Server service of our address database.  Is it possible to query and populate a text field with the values from another table inside an ArcGIS Online web map?  If so, how?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

I realize I could use a domain too, and I may go this route.  I just have to make sure the domain always stays updated, which I don't necessarily like.  I know, I know just set a scheduled task.  I was just wondering if there's another way...

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar question. I would like it to auto suggest from previous entries. Example: Instead of typing a manufacturer 10 times, type it once then suggest the same when the first few letters are typed. "chevrolet" the first time, then when I type "ch" it suggests "chevrolet". It would be nice to do this in Collector as well as AGOL web apps.

0 Kudos