Attributes are not saving after adding new domain values

10-12-2018 11:39 AM
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I used the newer option for adding coded values to my domain in AGOL for a hosted feature service.  That worked and when you enter a new point the pop up has the new options in the drop down.  However it is not saving any of the attributes the user enters if the new domain values are chosen. If I test it choosing one of the original options it works fine.  Is there some bug or something that I'm missing that's causing this?  It saves the record and location but all of the fields are blank.  FYI, i'm using the road closure feature layer template.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you able to share the layer? How did you add the domains?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

It is an  internal layer, but I added the domains using the new capabilities in AGOL where you can add the domains in the Data tab.  I'm assuming that it has something to do with the new values. If I add records using the values that previously existed it behaves normally.  Is it an issue where you can't add domains if you already have records?

I used the template feature layer for road closures.  But then I needed to add a few values for other reasons for closures. 

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

I've used the template to create my own layer and have no issues changing attribute values based on new list (domain) values.

Which layer are you working with? RoadBlocks, RoadDetours or RoadClosures?

Which field did you modify the list of (domain)?

Did you change how the layer is drawn?

Did you change the edit settings to restrict editing actions?

Mike

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Can I add you to a group so you can see it? 

Road block  layer and the Field is "Reason". 

Should it matter that there were records existing before I added in the new domains?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Kendell, 

You can add my username Karate_KElly to a group.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Done. Ignore the first invite, it's the "Road Closures" Group. There's only one feature layer in there.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks Kendell,

What is an option that isn't saving? The ones I selected seem to have worked, Maintenance and treedown.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

I just added a record in the far western part of the county.  I filled in the first 4 fields and used the reason type "Power Line".  Once I close that record and open it all the fields are blank.  And you'll see if you open the table there are a lot of records that have no attributes at all.  But those attributes were entered in the pops and then disappeared (only the ones that used my newly added domains).

I did just notice that after adding my new test record if I then closed the map, reloaded the layer and started over, now the values show up for that one record. 

I think I will recreate the layer from scratch, add the additional domains before creating any records and see if I still get intermittent issues.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks Kendell,

Let me know how that works for you. I wasn't adding additional fields except for the reason type when I tried editing. Let me know if you are still running into the issue and I can test again with your workflow.

-Kelly

0 Kudos