Attribute Edits won't save to Feature Service

08-20-2014 08:51 AM
innisfilgis1
New Contributor II

I am currently trying to edit a point layer on ArcGIS online, but I find that although the geometry for each new point will save, only some of the attribute information I enter will save.  The attribute info appears fine, but when I exit the map and re-enter it, some of the data is gone (mostly in the fields with domains).

I cannot find a pattern, sometimes the data will save and sometimes it won't. Most of the edits are domains and I usually start typing each attribute and tab to the next box, but sometimes I choose from the dropdown and they still don't save. The data is a Service from our Town server, we are currently running on ArcGIS 10.2.  I read some similar problems and have disabled sync, made sure to allow null values, and allow update of true curves when publishing the service. I also made sure that editor tracking is not on. Archiving and Versioning are also not enabled on the data.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, or other things to try, let me know!

I have no idea what else to do.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
innisfilgis1
New Contributor II

Still not sure of why this happened, but I think it might be related to the high number of fields. Therefore I created a work around with individuals inputting into an excel file and into arcgis online, and then joining them later based on a unique ID.

Is there a magic number of fields you can have? Is there a better alternative than excel?

0 Kudos