ArcGIS Solutions - Stormwater Editor

08-10-2018 10:31 AM
JaredTomlin
New Contributor

I am working in stormwater management for a small city in WV trying to leverage the ArcGIS Solutions, specifically the Stormwater Editor, to accomplish the integration between past data and data being collected now. I had no issues deploying the solution and configuration seemed straight forward except for a few issues: 

1. When creating codes to use for a drop down selection in Arc Online, the solution uses "0" as the beginning index. Example "0=Unknown, 1=Our Agency, 2=Other" or some such thing. When I go to EDIT or ADD any list with an index of "0", I am not able to save the list. I have to change the index to start at "1" in order to configure the layer. 

2. Once I have added the fields and domains for my organization, a few errors started to show themselves throughout the different apps: In Explorer for  iPad, two of my layers have JSON errors and do not render. The layers work fine in Collector, browser, ArcPro. I am not using Date fields for rendering and I do not have any empty "codedValue []" lines in the JSON code (the two errors I see commonly causing that issue.

3. After configuring the Solution and using Field Mapping to Append my data to the Hosted Layer, I seemed to have lost the ability to Edit the layer in the Web App. I am able to create a Web Map and a Web App from the hosted layer and it is editable, but only if I use a Template to create it, It will not be editable when building an app in the App Builder.

4. Finally, I changed the symbols for the Open Channel layer as well as added a few types to match the city's data. This made my Open Channel layer invisible, but still select able in the provided web map. I don't know how to "apply" the new template to the rest of the solution so the layer will show properly.

I know that is a lot of issues but any help in what I'm doing would be greatly appreciated. It seems that with all the configuration and creation, the Arc Solutions seem to be more work than if I had just built it from scratch. 

Cheers,

Jared 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PrevinWong1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jared,

Thanks for trying out the Stormwater solutions. We regret that you are having issues configuring the solution.  In order to help resolve your issues, can you provide some more information.

Can you provide the version of the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool you are using? To find the version you are using, click the project tab, go down to "Add-In Manager" , then select ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool.  Version information will be displayed on the right side.

Issue 1, Are you adding a new domain directly through ArcGIS Pro or via the task in the Solutions Deployment Tool task.

Issue 2, Can you provide the data type for the fields and domains you added in case there are limitations on Explorer handling that data type? Are you using the latest version of Explorer?

Issue 3, What ArcGIS Online template did you use that successfully enabled editing for you? In terms of Web App Builder, did you use the deployed Stormwater Editor web app and is that where you are unable to edit?  There are scale dependencies for each asset type. Make sure to zoom in, in the Web AppBUilder app because the widget in the app does not show feature templates unless the feature is within range.

Issue 4, Did you change the symbol and add more open channel types in ArcGIS Pro? Did the symbol disappear from the view in Pro or ArcGIS Online?

Thanks,
Previn

JaredTomlin
New Contributor

Previn,

I apologize for leaving this question hanging, we have been heavy in the field collection this last month.

I hope we can work out how to fit this solution for me, or if I have to re-deploy the solution. 

My ArcGIS Deployment Add-On is 2018.2.5

1. I am now editing domains within the Solutions Deployment Tool Task within ArcGIS Pro. This allows me to use "0"s in the index. It's only on the AGOL browser interface where It will not let me save domains with "0"s in the list of values. 

2. The data types I have been adding are Integer (with coded Domain lists), Doubles, Strings. As I add data to the other layers, I'm getting even more JSON errors, even on layers that have not had and editing to the schema. 

The JSON errors show on my Explorer app version 18.1.1 build 2178. It was the latest I downloaded from the iTunes AppStore

3. I've been able to successfully deploy a few of the Templates and enable editing through the browser. Specifically, I have used to Edit template and the Basic Viewer template.

When the Solution was originally deployed I was able to use the provided WebApp to edit and everything was working fine. At some point when I went to use it, the editing functionality stopped being available. Creating a new WebApp I was also not able to edit the hosted layer layers. 

4. I was able to work out the symbol for my Open Channels by editing the Visualization tab in the Hosted Layer in AGOL. I was able to add the asset types for that layer and it seems to work everywhere (except Explorer)

Ultimately, I have done some heavy modification to the default Data Dictionary I'm concerned I went a too far, but I feel that I was following the examples already in place. I have exported my data and am thinking of re-deploying the Solution and trying again. Please let me know what your thoughts are. 

Thanks,

Jared

0 Kudos