Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online User Name Login Limit

Jump to solution
09-01-2017 08:14 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

I have some basic questions about ArcGIS Online. We are just starting to use it as an organization and doing some research and experimentation. 

At this point, we have (1) Level 2 User Name login and (1) Level 1 User Name login.

Is there a limit on how many individuals can use the same login/password at the same time? Example: Mike is using the login on a desktop while John & Phil are using the same log in on (2) separate android phones all at the same time. Is there a limit on how many times the login can be used all at the same time?

We are also experimenting with Collector for ArcGIS. If Phil is on one phone and John is on a tablet, and they both are using a project to record sites for tree trimming, can they both be using the same project/map and record data and/or edit existing features without causing problems? 

I understand these are elementary questions, but we are just starting with ArcGIS Online and these have been questions that have come up.

Thank you for the clarification.

Tags (1)
12 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have everything all set!  Thank you very much Derek. The students enjoyed learning about GIS.  I also created the Idea for graphically selecting features to operate geoprocessing tools on in AGOL.

JackSettelmaier
New Contributor

Derek,

I was reading up on the limit of simultaneous connections allowed, and came across this thread, as I think I've run into this, but am unsure of any easy way to know if I have?  Is there some way I can see the number of connections from my Windows OS Server machine?

My workflows make use of a number of automated scripts (publishing/updating Feature Services via input CSV and geoJSON) at a frequency of about 1x/hour, however, several of those updating scripts could be running at the same time, if I'm not careful to space them out over the hour.  For all these, I'm using the same Organization account for each Task Scheduled job that run around the clock, even when I'm not physically in the office.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jack,

Apologies for the late reply, I've been out on business travel the last several weeks.

> Is there some way I can see the number of connections from my Windows OS Server machine?

You'll need to be more specific, what do you mean by "number of connections" - do you mean to your ArcGIS Online organization or Portal for ArcGIS instance? There's no OS level "counter" if that's what you're asking.

With regards to your scripts, I'd need to learn more about your workflow before commenting. You're welcome to email me directly (dlaw@esri.com) to discuss further. Please cc: your esri account manager/Distributor.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos