Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Subscription

08-04-2011 06:38 AM
anthonymenzies
New Contributor
I attended the user conference, where I saw that you will be rolling out subscriptions to publish maps as a service through ArcGIS online. What I would like to know is:
1) what is the timeline for rolling out this product
2) the pricing structure

I am in the process of figuring out whether ArcGIS Online subscription will suit my needs for our company. We have about 15MB of editable layers and 80 MB of raster data that we would like to serve.

I would like to know whether this product will suffice, or whether I will need ArcGIS Server instead. I don't anticipate us needing very much bandwidth and disc space use. Any help would be appreciated
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The time frame is to release in conjunction with ArcGIS 10.1, which is scheduled for Q1 2012. As far as pricing, that's not finalized. However, considering you can get 2GB worth of storage for free now, I don't think you'll have any issue with disk storage space.

Hope this helps,

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanMitchell
Emerging Contributor
I'm in a similar situation, trying to decide on a web mapping solution. Will these map services be available for use in applications developed with the APIs or only on ArcGIS Online?

Thanks,
Ryan
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The ArcGIS Online services will be accessible from the JavaScript, Flex and Silverlight APIs. Initially, only tiled map services and feature services will be available. Also, some functionally will not be initially available against these services.

What will your application do? What functionality do you plan to support?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanMitchell
Emerging Contributor
Thanks, Mike.

Initially, we're looking at options for a fairly basic atlas to replace our current atlas, potentially adding more sophisticated functionality further down the line.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I took a quick look at your site and it seems to me that you could probably do some of your maps for now and embed them in your website without having a subscription. So instead of PDF versions, they could be live versions, with popups that display attributes.

ArcGIS Online supports adding small (less than 1000 features) shapefiles, CSVs and GPX files to the map. Then you can easily embed it. Check out this map I put on a blog.

http://mikesarcgismaps.blogspot.com/2011/07/washington-map.html

So you could embed maps right now in your website.

Mike
0 Kudos
RyanMitchell
Emerging Contributor
I started down that path once; I'll have to take a closer look and do some more experimenting. Thanks for the tip.
0 Kudos