ARCGIS ONLINE - FEATURE SERVICE

07-24-2017 10:14 AM
SIRDIBELIZE
New Contributor II

Guys,

I'm trying to add a map to AGOL with a polygon feature. I have the feature as a shapefile, a geodataset and a geodatabase. This feature also has 21886 records attached to it.

Now i want to add it to ARCGIS Online (AGOL), and have read all the ways to try and upload this feature:

- upload as a service from ARCMAP using feature access and changing the record number to the desired amount to be uploaded) 

- upload directly to AGOL and check the feature hosted layer box

Neither way works. The feature layer gets uploaded, but there is no data attached to it. The layer doesn't upload. I have tried previewing it before it uploads and then publish. I have tried changing the record number like i said in arcmap before uploading. So far nothing I do works, and I need to upload this feature so that others can access it and view the information attached. i am using ARCMAP 10.2.2

Any help would be appreciated.

10 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have an ArcGIS Organizational Account? You cannot do it with a public account.

Next, check the available service credits and expiry date of the account.

Sign-up for an ArcGIS trial and check if the issue persist.

Think Location
SIRDIBELIZE
New Contributor II

Yes I do have an organizational account and yes i have available service credit. It is possible to do because the feature has been uploaded to AGOL before. Unfortunately, the person who used to do this is no longer available. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Sirdi,

To confirm, the feature service is publishing without the attachments correct?

Are attachments enabled on the data prior to publishing? Enabling attachments—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

What is the license level  of ArcGIS Desktop? Standard or Advanced is required to enable attachments.

-Kelly

SIRDIBELIZE
New Contributor II

It's not an attachment i want published, it's a shapefile. My shapefile has 21,886 features in it and I want to publish it up on arcgis online. I also have the shapefile as a geodatabase. But neither is uploading to AGOL. I am using ArcMap 10.2.2 and i have all the necessary licenses and accounts. 

0 Kudos
MicahBabinski
Occasional Contributor III

Can you post a screenshot and detailed description of what is going wrong? Your statement "The feature layer gets uploaded, but there is no data attached to it. The layer doesn't upload" is a bit confusing. Is the layer empty?

0 Kudos
SIRDIBELIZE
New Contributor II

I want this map to be published on AGOL, it has  two layers; a shapefile and a geodatabase file (i also have this file as a shapefile)

my geodatabase file has 21,886 features or records. I go through the process of sharing it as a feature service, with a feature access capabilities and i change the parameters to include my 21,885 features. 

when i publish to AGOL, it tells me that my two layers have been uploaded

but there is no data attached to my geodatabase layer. Yes, the layer is empty.

and my map is blank 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Are there any errors in the analyze window when you publish the Feature Layer?

If you try to publish just your SIMIS_Jul10 layer as a feature layer does it publish with data?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
SIRDIBELIZE
New Contributor II

There aren't any errors in that window, only messages. And i have tried to publish just the SIMIS_JUL10 layer, but i get the same errors. I have posted it as a tiled map, and it was successful. But i don't want it as a tiled map. I need to be able to access it and view the information attached. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks for trying.

Are you able to share the shapefile or contact Support Services? It appears that there may be an issue with this specific datasource.

-Kelly

0 Kudos