Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online date format

Jump to solution
12-11-2014 02:52 PM
MarkNorbury2
Occasional Contributor

We have an ArcGIS Online organisational account with the language set to 'English-English'.  Unfortunately, the dates are shown in the American date format.  It seems the only way I can change this is if I switch to any other language, in which case the date appears in a format which I understood, that is dd/mm/yyyy.

Is it possible to keep the language set to English but to use the international date format dd/mm/yyyy.  Otherwise this does cause confusion.  Notably the account expiry dates can cause a lot of confusion.  If Esri notify me that my account is due to expire on 1/3/2015, I would interpret that as meaning 1st March 2015, whereas Esri actually mean 3rd January 2015.

On a similar subject, the 'English-English' setting also sets the language to American english, which is only used in the USA and the Philippines, whereas the rest of the english-speaking world (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, etc., etc.) uses a different spelling of english from the Americans.

Could we have a separate setting for the USA, eg. 'English-USA' that Americans can use for their own date format, units (miles, feet, inches) and spelling, whereas 'English-English' should be the date format, standard international units and spelling for the international English-speaking community.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting this feedback.

The ideas site is a tool that we use to gain feedback about improvements and enhancements in the software. Once an idea is posted, other users can promote and comment on the idea to provide more insight into the issue. I would encourage you to post this on the ideas site, or promote the following similar Idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/8682

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting this feedback.

The ideas site is a tool that we use to gain feedback about improvements and enhancements in the software. Once an idea is posted, other users can promote and comment on the idea to provide more insight into the issue. I would encourage you to post this on the ideas site, or promote the following similar Idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/8682

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

This functionality is now available in the software!

0 Kudos
Network_WaitakiLtd
Deactivated User

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue right now. I have created a map in ArcMap which has this date format : dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt. The issue is when I published the map in ArcGIS  Online and surprisingly found that the dat and time format is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt. 

I appreciate if you could please give me a solution.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos