ArcGIS on iPad - what browser does it use with hyperlinks?

Jump to solution
08-12-2015 02:44 PM
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have configured my popup to open a link to another site, but it opens the link in what I think is some internal browser within the ArcGIS app. is this possible? there are no settings to configure and there is only a button that says 'open in Safari'. What is this and how can I allow it allow webpage pop-ups.

background: user clicks a parcel, I provide a link to our document management system, passing in the parcel's ID, viola a list of documents appear, but I can't open then unless I 'open in safari'. Not the end of the world but just curious.

thanks,

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

In the ArcGIS for iOS app there is no way to configure the internal browser that will popup when you tap on a link. If you want to keep it inside the app run a link through an image/media in the popup.

On a side note - the ArcGIS apps are being retired from the AppStore, Google Play and Amazon app store August 30th. Here is a link to the blog post.

Moving Beyond the ArcGIS App for Smartphones and Tablets | ArcGIS Blog

Have you tried this workflow in Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS & Android)?

Cheers

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

In the ArcGIS for iOS app there is no way to configure the internal browser that will popup when you tap on a link. If you want to keep it inside the app run a link through an image/media in the popup.

On a side note - the ArcGIS apps are being retired from the AppStore, Google Play and Amazon app store August 30th. Here is a link to the blog post.

Moving Beyond the ArcGIS App for Smartphones and Tablets | ArcGIS Blog

Have you tried this workflow in Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS & Android)?

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the response and the link. I did try Explorer and it opened my link in Safari so that is good.

We just got our users used to the ArcGIS app, I guess a little change won't kill them.......

0 Kudos