ArcGIS Credit Service Use?

06-07-2013 03:28 AM
FabioKhan
New Contributor
Hello,

can someone tell me please how to use Credit Service.
I have to use credits for my 2 projekts to show for what they are useful. Therefor i imported 2 ArcMap projekts in ArcGIS Online.
I´m in a (university) Organisationen where they have stored credits. But i cant use them. Must the Administrator give them free or something like this? Or do i need ArcGIS for developers to use the Credit-Functions like Geocoding. (im using a esri global account as a Publisher but i should have Subskription rights in consequence of my Organisation or?)

Another related Question: i use ArcMap 10 (single use), but i cant share Services do i need ArcGIS for server ? Would this use credits?

Sry to ask so many Questions.
Thank you a lot.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Fabio,

The following link may be helpful to you for credit usage information:

ArcGIS Online Service Credits Overview
http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisonline/credits

With ArcMap 10, you are not able to directly publish maps as services to ArcGIS Online.  This functionality was introduced at the 10.1 release.  You can, however, publish maps from ArcMap 10 to ArcGIS Server.  You will utilize the Map Service Publishing Toolbar.

Matt
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
If your university has a subscription to ArcGIS Online, they would need to invite you as a member of the organization in order to be able to use the credits the organization has. If you are using a public account (free) then they are not available to you.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
FabioKhan
New Contributor
Thanks,

yes I´m a member of the organisation.

isnt there any guide how to get the functions?

my projekts are just shapefilies (location of buildings) that have been imported into the Webmap.. what service could i use?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I'd suggest starting with some overview videos in the help...

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/#/Videos/010q00000003000000/

Look for the publishing videos under the section "Working with ArcGIS Online hosted services"

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos