ArcGIS Arcade Expression with Dashboard Date Selector?

02-21-2020 05:20 AM
DanFlynn1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm not even sure if this is possible but here it goes.  I have data for opioid prescriptions in my state by county and year.  My end goal is to have a choropleth (filled) web map with time enabled embedded into an Operations Dashboard.  I would like the user to be able to use the date selector to visualize the data by county over their specified time period.  The problem I am having is that when I use the date selector I cannot see an aggregate if i select multiple years.

So my question: is it possible to write a custom ArcGIS Arcade expression that will select the field "2015-2017sum" if the date range entered is 2015 through 2017?  I have virtually no experience with Arcade so I am unsure how to even go about testing my theory.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

> ... is it possible to write a custom ArcGIS Arcade expression that will select the field "2015-2017sum" if the date range entered is 2015 through 2017?

Selectors in Operations Dashboard don't support Arcade, so the answer is "no". Sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas for Operations Dashboard.

I would also suggest you vote for this enhancement,
https://community.esri.com/ideas/15277 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg1
New Contributor II

I am trying to do this using a 'is before' statement AND a 'is after' statement.  However I'm getting a weird invalid date range error. 

It's not happy with me saying 01/01/2018, but is happy for it to be the year 2 ?!?

I'm really hoping that I don't have to use the arrows on the calendar as the next value I wanted was after 01/01/200 but before 01/01/400 ... that would mean that I have to press the arrows 21,840 times (however the calendar view often has the issue of only going to a certain date which the actual field itself isn't limited by).

0 Kudos