Allow update feature attribute only

Jump to solution
02-07-2017 07:45 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

feature service published through arcgis server.

All the editing capabilities are enabled (create, uptade and delete)

I need to create a WebApp,  through WAB, with only update (update attributes) enabled.

I want to disable add and delete features only in my web app.

Is there an option like that?

Beside the options in the server properties, I find only the enable/disable editing in the webmap.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hello - if that service is needed for something else, perhaps stand up a second service just for your purposes. That's the beauty of a multi-user database and multiple connections to it....everyone can do what they need to without stepping on one another.

-Adam Z

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi - Do you need the ability to make geometry updates/add/delete via a different application? The granularity of operations you're looking for really belong to where the feature service is being hosted. With ArcGIS Online hosted feature services, you can specify attribute updates only on the hosted feature service. When hosting from ArcGIS Server you'll need to make these adjustments on the ArcGIS Server feature service. Below is a screen capture of a service I pushed to ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Server that allows attribute updates only. These properties are set under the feature access capabilities in ArcGIS Server Manager.

-Adam Z

PanGIS
by

Hi Adam,

thank you for you reply.

Yes,someone else is using the service.

I would need to keep these capabilities enabled for updating via REST but disabled at WebMap or WAB level.

For the time being I've disabled "create" and "delete" on the Service Manager and I've told the developer to notice me if he needs to update something so I can change it if needed.

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hello - if that service is needed for something else, perhaps stand up a second service just for your purposes. That's the beauty of a multi-user database and multiple connections to it....everyone can do what they need to without stepping on one another.

-Adam Z

PanGIS
by

Simple. Brilliant!

I haven't thought about it.

Thank you for the suggestion Adam.

Ps. if you have time could you please have a look at this other one?

https://community.esri.com/message/661853-ag-server-zoom-cache-and-agol-tiles 

I might be granting you another correct answer

0 Kudos