All layers in a feature service not displaying item view

05-11-2022 02:50 PM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

We have a feature service with multiple layers in AGOL that was published from a file geodatabase. Recently, we updated the data. However, when we did so, one of the layers (which is new in the update) does not show in the layer list in the items view of AGOL (the layer is entitled pct2020_001):

ToddFagin_0-1652305512586.png

However, if we click on the Feature Service to view the ArcGIS services directory, the new layer is there:

ToddFagin_1-1652305580886.png

Side note: If I create a new layer from the existing feature layer, the new layer shows in the list. Also, if I start from scratch and upload a zip file with the GDB, it also shows. However, this is not a tenable solution because we have too many dependencies on the existing feature layer (and we have 77 counties for which we need to do this).

Does anyone know why this is and how to resolve it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

I found a solution. It is ugly and if there is a better way to do this, I would sure like to do it.

I used ArcGIS Online Assistant and edited the JSON (which they caution is unsupported) to include the missing layer.

It worked, but there's got to be a better way.

Also, I have read about an option to "Update View," but that tool is not available in my hosted feature layer settings.

The quest to resolve this continues.

0 Kudos