Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL- Where are my geocoded addresses?

03-15-2019 03:21 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I uploaded an xlsx file of restaurants and their respective addresses to my AGOL account. I accept the geocoding processing and use our own (not ESRIs global) locating service.  It tells me that 214 address are good, but two are not.  Good.  That's what I expected.  I then accept the suggestion to review the addresses, and it takes me to a map view.  So far so good. 

However, when I attempt to alter the two non-located addresses, nothing really happens. Following  the help page , I enter the corrected address in the table, and hit enter.  It still gives me the same world-wide suggestions it originally did.  On top of that, the 214 points that allegedly geocoded are no where to be seen on the map.  I can 'zoom to the layer' and the extent is correct, but no points appear.  But....  Back at the item details page, I can click the Visualization button, and they magically appear.

I've probably geocoded millions of address records using ArcGIS Desktop: 15 years or so in 9-1-1 will do that to you. This xlxs worksheet geocodes just fine in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 with the same locator: so what's the trick in AGOL?

That should just about do it....
11 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

3_21_19: The first full day of spring in the northern hemisphere and I'm wearing a yellow shirt to celebrate daylight hours getting longer!

Today I just uploaded my spreadsheet and geocoded the records using our county locator on AGOL and I am able to see the points as expected!  I'll run it a few more times to be sure it continues working correctly. (I'm 6 for 6 at this time)

Not only do I see the point in the Map View, but I did not have to use an Incognito Window in Chrome in order to proceed with the upload process.  I wonder if the (wo)man behind the AGOL curtain and the recent update has anything to do with this success?!

Kelly Gerrow

Shana Britt

(ps: I do have a TS case open, and I've informed the assigned analyst...)

That should just about do it....
Aled_Jones
Regular Contributor

This was likely resolved due to the yellow shirt  

0 Kudos