AGOL webmap changes not reflected in Collector

11-17-2018 07:42 PM
AnthonyCheesman1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I've got an AGOL web map that I've built specifically for use in ArcGIS Collector. Today I've made some changes to it, including adding a value to one of the field domains, symbolising this, and then re-ordering the values in both the hosted feature layer and the web map.

None of these changes have flowed through to ArcGIS Collector.

I'm wondering if there is a lag time in changes coming through, or if there is something that I can do to force a refresh of the map in ArcGIS Collector?

I've already tried logging out and logging back into the app.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah I have had the same thing, it has taken up to about 40mins in my experience for the map to update in our collector apps. We just kept logging out and back in until the edits flow through. Not sure if that is required.

AnthonyCheesman1
Occasional Contributor II

Further note on this - it seems that if you append or modify any field subtypes (in my case, add a subtype) and then add symbology, the feature service JSON does not update fully. The new subtype will get added as a valid data type but no symbology gets added to the JSON - despite the symbology being 'saved' as part of the feature service (and being visible when you add the FS to a new web map). However - build a new web map with the FS and view it in Collector and the subtype is still missing!

My suspicion is that when the web map is published, it relies on the feature service JSONs and no matter what you do, the new subtype will not flow through.

I'm about to try re-publishing the service from ArcMap (the very thing I was trying to avoid).

There seems to be a lot of traps for young players in building and maintaining web maps...

0 Kudos
MaciejFlorczak
New Contributor II

I have this same problem. I changed values in domains and symbols via AGOL  ( in order not to publish my service again). Changes in values and symbols are visible in the web map. BUT if I start editing.... old symbols occur. Furthermore in Arc Collector new symbols are visible only for the values that were not changed. It is  impossible to add new values from the domain. In the web app builder I can see new values and symbols but when I start editing all symbols are reloaded to the previous settings....

0 Kudos