AGO New User Types!??

11-06-2018 12:43 PM
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

Just reading the latest blog post regarding this.

1. Do I understand correctly that Level 1 users, previously available at no cost to an organization, will now cost $100/user/year?
  2. Do I understand correctly that in order to use field data collection apps like Collector, each user will now cost $500/user/year? Currently I have no cost associated with users using these free app. We currently use ArcGIS Online as a front end to our onprem ArcGIS Server.
  3. We are moving towards an ArcGIS deployment with Portal and a federated server. Will these same costs now be applied to ArcGIS Portal?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for your questions,

User Types will roll out with ArcGIS Online in December and ArcGIS Enterprise in 2019. There is a difference in pricing with level 1 users between ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online, so there will be no changes with this. Level 1 users in ArcGIS Online will convert to Viewer User types for the same price depending on which WebGIS infrastructure that you use.

Currently, a level 2 user includes access to field apps like Collector (level 2 users is required to use collector). After the December release of ArcGIS Online, Level 2 users will convert to a Creator which have access to field apps. If you have an existing level 2 account in ArcGIS Enterprise you will still be authorized to access the field apps. The conversion from level 1 and level 2 users to viewer and creator is exactly equivalent. The apps will continue to support both User types for ArcGIS Online users and levels for ArcGIS Enterprise users as there will be a mix of environments.

What will be new is some new options for different user types that have access to some of the privileges or apps at a different cost. For more details on the costs of the new user types, get in contact with your account team.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions,

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Kelly. However, I'm still confused.

There is a difference in pricing with level 1 users between ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online, so there will be no changes with this.

There is a change or there isn't?? Could you please expand on this?

After the December release of ArcGIS Online, Level 2 users will convert to a Creator which have access to field apps.

So if I currently have 30-40 users using Collector for free with AGO (AND assuming we will are about to migrate to Portal [this part may not be relevant but I'm adding for context]), I will need to now budget for an increased cost of $15,000-$20,000 to support the same field staff ($500/Level 2 user)??

Am I missing something? I sure hope so!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Zachary,

Level 1 users have a cost in ArcGIS Online ($100 US) but are available at no cost in ArcGIS Enterprise. See this blog for details.

With Collector for ArcGIS, you require a level 2 user (depending on the version of Portal that you have installed). I'd suggest getting in contact with your Account manager to talk through your specific scenario if you were using Collector for free to understand the path forward when migrating to ArcGIS Enterprise. 

Overall Level 1 and Level 2 users will convert to Viewer and Creator User types with the same functionality for the same price. In this specific circumstance, I've reached out to your account manager to follow up with specifics.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
NexMilkov
New Contributor

Zachary Hart can you give us follow up about costs under ESRI new licensing. Do we have to pay $500/user/year for those who used Collector under old AGO pricing for free? Thanks

0 Kudos