Adding Custom Style to Vector Tiles

Jump to solution
04-19-2017 02:45 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I created a hosted vector tile layer and would like to create a custom style.  I have read through the docs on how to create a custom style (save a layer, edit the style, update the style), but when I try to add the styled layer to a web map, it seems to fail to load, as it never displays.

Am I missing something in the styled .json file, like paths to the sprites, glyphs, or url defined at the beginning of the json...?

The URL to my test vector tile layer using a custom style can be found here.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt - Thanks for the details on the issue with zoom levels; I passed it on the folks working on VTPK authoring in Pro. 

You should be hearing from Support soon as well - I asked them to follow up on the differences you're seeing with the layers in Pro versus the resulting style on the vector tile layer.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Sh7q9fbKLpEv
New Contributor III

Hi Chris Whitmore‌,

I'm experiencing the same issue as Matthew Boyle; I've created a copy of a hosted vector tile layer and do not have the option to "Download Style" from the AGOL item. Could you provide or point me towards some documentation on how to upload a tile layer's modified JSON style file? 

Thanks!
Jacqueline

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jacqueline, would it be possible to share the layer where you're seeing this behavior? It sounds like something in the style json is causing the page to fail to load completely.

If it's doable to share but needs to remain private - you can invite my account to a group. The username is cwwhitmore.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos