Adding an ArcGIS Online Layer

Jump to solution
08-21-2015 02:17 PM
DanEstersohn1
New Contributor

When I try to "Search for Layers" from my AGO organization, the choice of ArcGIS Online is not available in the "In" drop down box.  My only choice are:

My Organization

A GIS Server
     Living Atlas Layers

None of these choices get me to the layers I want (i.e. the Red Rock Canyon Trails for ArcGISBook, Chapter 4 Lesson).

DanE

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You mean that you are logged on to your organization and when you want to add a layer from ArcGIS Online the option is not there. I think I can reproduce this... If I log on to the organization and create a new map to which I want to add the layer I see the options; My Organization, A GIS Server and the Living Atlas (sorry for the Spanish interface):

If I log out and try again I see that the ArcGIS Online option appears:

... and it finds the layer:

What you could do is search for the layer on arcgis.com where you find the item:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c996394d2ca74c038f00e6bc15a9663c

There you can add the layer to the current map (and this time sorry for the Dutch interface... yeah, don't ask):

What you should check with the administrator of you ArcGIS Online for Organizations is the Security setting of the site (once again sorry for the Spanish interface):

Maybe in Share and Search the second option is switched off, which allows users to search content outside the organization. Could you check this setting?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Have you tried this in any other browsers? Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You mean that you are logged on to your organization and when you want to add a layer from ArcGIS Online the option is not there. I think I can reproduce this... If I log on to the organization and create a new map to which I want to add the layer I see the options; My Organization, A GIS Server and the Living Atlas (sorry for the Spanish interface):

If I log out and try again I see that the ArcGIS Online option appears:

... and it finds the layer:

What you could do is search for the layer on arcgis.com where you find the item:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c996394d2ca74c038f00e6bc15a9663c

There you can add the layer to the current map (and this time sorry for the Dutch interface... yeah, don't ask):

What you should check with the administrator of you ArcGIS Online for Organizations is the Security setting of the site (once again sorry for the Spanish interface):

Maybe in Share and Search the second option is switched off, which allows users to search content outside the organization. Could you check this setting?

0 Kudos
DanEstersohn1
New Contributor

Thank you Xander.  Changing the security settings worked.  

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Glad it worked!

0 Kudos