Webmaps - a 'turn all popups on' button

08-04-2016 09:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am requesting a 'turn all popups on' button to turn on popups for all layers and sublayers in a webmap. (Even rasters, once they add that capability). 

This solves two issues. One, it would be great for the first time a user adds a layer that may have dozens or hundreds of sublayers. Also, after you turn popups on for a layer, the layer list snaps back up to the top. If you have a few hundred sublayers you have to find where you were and scroll back to it. Maybe that is also a behavior that can be re-programmed

Second, with us at least who have 10.2.2, I have to continuously re-create the popups because they keep getting destroyed after we change the service to rename a layer, add/remove layers etc.

With Server 10.2 and below there was the issue of changing a layer name or adding/removing layers, destroying the webmap. I observed layers turning on that were off, symbology becoming essentially corrupted, and all popups disappearing. Basically, once you published you couldn't change anything on the service except symbology, unless you wanted to recreate everything in the webmap like popups.  With 10.3 Esri has made layerIDs immutable and resolved this issue.  But for 10.2 and below, for this reason a Turn All Popups On would be super-helpful!

Good idea? Possible?

3 Comments
DanielChantlos1

Yes, this needs to be implemented for MS layers. It's very time consuming to go through 60 layers to enable popups on several websites at a time when I add/remove one layer to/from MS.

by Anonymous User

I finally implemented this in all my WAB 2.4 viewers - works perfectly!  Layer List: enable popub by default   

Best part, it works in tandem with Add Data widget perfectly.

Maybe Moxie can incorporate it to the LayerList Configuration. Bonus points would be if it could universally block fields of a given name such as ObjectID and shape.area.

This idea will still would be helpful in ArcGIS Online for webmaps and hosted apps where the code cannot be accessed. 

by Anonymous User

also folders and subfolders should be added to ArcGIS Online's layer list. Once they add this, the option to turn all popups on, in just one folder or subfolder, should be added.