Support for Attribute rules in ArcGIS Online

07-15-2019 03:27 PM
Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

At pro 2.4 ESRI implemented attributes rules at the file Geodatabase Level which is great.

It means that when you copy or move the file geodatabase, you copy or move the rules.

So if you upload this fgdb to AGOL, the rules are uploaded within the fgbd. 

Attribute rules are « able to travel » to AGOL.

At the moment these rules are not interpreted or implemented at the AGOL level.

The idea here is to have the rules interpreted and implemented in AGOL when publishing feature services from a rules enabled fgdb.

It would be great to have attributes rules fully implemented in ArcGIS Online.

This would allow users to have their own QC and field calculation in hosted feature layers and web apps !

(edited 2020-07-24 to improve this description)

67 Comments
VHolubec

Dear ArcGIS Online‌, this is really missing functionality in AGOL. Please consider this to add to ArcGIS Online!

Server
by

Yep! This is exactly what I need for a current project. This is a vital addition.

StephenColon

This should be ESRI's priority number 1!

DanBleecker

Please do this ASAP

Ronaldde_Jong

would offer a very significant upgrade for our workflow and therefore be much appreciated!

ChristalHigdon_USFS

Agree, this needs to be implemented in AGOL. Our need/use case is a mobile schema (data collected in Survey123 or Collector) that has a field that is calculated using Arcade, which needs a trigger to run whenever certain fields are edited or new records are created in the hosted feature service.

ChristalHigdon_USFS

No, I do not need sample data. I need Esri to implement this functionality!

MikeSlattery

This is a very important feature!    If there are triggers on create/update/delete on AGOL layers now, maybe this could work with these?  Or maybe run a notebook upon trigger?

by Anonymous User

This feature should also be available in Portal...

ZacharyHart

I just stumbled across this ArcGIS Idea and I think it's great!. However, as i'm reading through this it occurs to me that this will likely never be implemented. This level of functionality would undermine the need for ArcGIS Enterprise implementation and Esri's ability to continue to monetize that product. I think this can be also seen in there not being a 2-way synchronization model between hosted feature layers and an eGDB (at any license level such as a Desktop Database Server). It's hard to interpret their direction, but these little bits continue indicate to me that Esri isn't moving to any kind of RDBMS as a PaaS any time soon. [That all said, I've read of some intrepid folks who have crafted various sync models with creative coding].