Need Definition Query - like Filter in New Map Viewer

11-09-2022 09:29 AM
JeffreyWilkerson
Occasional Contributor III

In the legacy Map Viewer there is a Filter option that stays with the layer like the Definition Query does in Pro/Desktop, but in the new Map Viewer if you click away from the right hand screen the filter turns off. Would like to have the ability to set this to stay on during all interactions (checkbox or something?).

3 Comments
RussRoberts

Do you mean the graying out of features that are excluded from the filter authored? 

RobertBorchert

Are you selecting the save option before you click away

AlfredBaldenweck

Just popping in to add that the Filter function is extremely unreliable in new viewer.

Testing on a layer from the Living Atlas (USA Traffic Counts), the filter will only filter to the default (first) value in for that field (I tried to filter by state and no matter what I do it's only filtering to Illinois), and the filter does not persist after pressing "Save". 

Sure, it's a huge dataset. But I waited several minutes after each thing I tried (changing the filter, saving) and nothing has worked as it should.

In the interest of fairness, I have had better success on smaller datasets in the past. But still, this really could use a tune-up.