Select to view content in your preferred language

Map/Scene viewer - Watermark

06-06-2023 04:23 AM
PierreLeGall
New Contributor II

I am currently working on a project where watermarking is of utmost importance for every map and scene. Given the nature of the project, we need to ensure that proper watermarking is applied to protect the content.

My proposal is to incorporate a dedicated watermarking section in the map/scene properties. This section would allow users to upload a file in formats such as .png or .svg, which will serve as the watermark. Additionally, basic functionality should be provided to control the placement of the watermark on the display screen. This functionality would include options to adjust the size, rotation, transparency, and whether the watermark appears in front of or behind the data.

By implementing these features, we can ensure that each map and scene is properly watermarked, allowing for the appropriate protection and identification of our project's content.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I look forward to your feedback.

2 Comments
smithse

Hi PierreLeGall,

I have a similar idea as part of a proof of concept, and have been reading this page:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/mapping/how-to-make-a-qr-code-watermark-tile-la...

and this one:

https://resource.esriuk.com/blog/watermark-your-map/

I have not tried it yet, but in short, it's going to depend on how your map gets rendered. If it is a layered map, a user could simply remove/hide that layer, so baking it in is going to be important by the sounds of things.

Cheers,
Sean

PierreLeGall

Hello Sean,

I have already tried the two links you provided, and they worked well for watermarking in the map viewer. However, I encountered difficulties in watermarking the scene viewer. Currently, I am unable to apply a watermark to it.

Since we are developing a web data viewer with an ArcGIS experience, the users do not have the ability to modify the map properties directly. They can only show or hide specific layers.

My suggestion is to add a persistent watermark display frame that remains above the data from the user's perspective from the map properties. and ensuring its visibility at all times.

Cheers,

Pierre