Select to view content in your preferred language

Implement Hosted View Output Join Layers in New Map Viewer

05-17-2024 05:55 AM
MattyMaps
Occasional Contributor

Hello

The new Map viewer is missing the ability to output a hosted view layer when doing a join.

This function works in map viewer classic.

Please enhance the join analysis tool to include this function.

Thanks

Hosted view layer join.png

4 Comments
AmandaRing

Hi @MattyMaps,

There's now a new way to create a hosted feature layer view from a join, located on the item details page. You can check out the documentation here and this great blog post about the new method.

JoinHFLV.png

Please try this out and let us know if there's anything that is not supported for your workflow.

Cheers,

Amanda Ring
Product Engineer, Web Analysis

WillyG
by

Hi @AmandaRing 

Are there any plans to introduce a way to unlock schema of source layers after creating a Joined view layer? The blog from June 2023 mentions that it this functionality is coming, but I haven't seen any update on it. Because source layers are locked we tend not to use Hosted Joined view layers at all and instead use FME to keep a sister layer up to date. As you can imagine this is quite a hassle to maintain. For community conservation especially this functionality would be appreciated and would reduce a lot of time and effort.

LaurenBallantyne

@WillyG loosening schema locking on the source feature layer of a joined view layer is still on our radar. It's on our short-term roadmap but isn't set for a specific ArcGIS Online update yet. I appreciate you posting your question and giving that functionality an extra bump.

WillyG
by

Hi @LaurenBallantyne I appreciate your reply. That would be fantastic. I look forward to it being implemented. I'd say this is the functionality I'd like to see be introduced above anything else and would love to see it on the release radar.  Relying on separate slave joined layer for dashboards is always problematic and if end users can't see latest data on their dashboards, they blame the product they see on the surface rather than the underlying third-party process that they can't see. Much better if we can use source spatial / non spatial layers via a live join. I see many others have requested this functionality throughout the ESRI community and I'm sure would also give this a bump.  Allow feature services with joined hosted feature ... - Esri Community