Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter by Arcade Expression

11-08-2023 01:56 PM
JamesPoeschel
Occasional Contributor

There appears to be no way to filter using an arcade expression. 

I added a "virtual field" that is visible in my fields list and pop up, but I am not able to filter by it. 

I think it would be useful to be able to filter by arcade expression in order to filter out features without attachments for example. Without having to add a new field to the data.  

JamesPoeschel_0-1699480266285.png 

There should be an expression field that I added in the list of fields, but it is not visible in the drop down for filters.

2 Comments
ArmstKP

Agreed!  Can't believe this isn't available yet!

Michael_Kraus

Yes this is required.  Now that we can use Arcade for symbology expressions, it is frustrating that users can see the results of Arcade expressions in the symbology when symbolising by an Arcade expression, but when they want to look at the table or export just the records from a symbol class, they can't.

Also expressions aren't available in the Analysis Tools --> Manage Data --> Extract tool either.  So the users can't use these analysis tools to extract a filtered dataset either.

Please ESRI include either the ability to use Arcade in the filter or give the filter access to previously defined attribute expression "fields".

This was raised awhile ago and was closed as a "documentation error"

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/filter-expressions-arcade/m-p/1141612/highligh...