Change default Group view from 'Overview' to 'Content'

01-01-2020 12:16 AM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

When opening a Group in ArcGIS Online, the 'Overview' is the default view/tab. It would be much better for the default to be the 'Content' view/tab. I find Overview to be the least helpful view of a Group.

We should have the option to change these settings, either at the User, Group, or Organisation level.

It would also be good to be able to change the 'Content' default setting to be 'Table' rather than 'List'. List only allows 3 or 4 features to be visible in my field of view... Even 'Grid' is better than List...

Thanks, Jamie.

2 Comments
JohnDye2

I agree this would be very welcome. If they wanted to take it a step further though, they could:

1. Let the Administrator set the org-wide default page
  2. Let users set their own default landing page which overrides the org-wide setting defined by the Administrator, after logging in. Some may want to land in a particular group, an ArcGIS Site, a Gallery etc.
MartinSirois

I tottaly agree. The way it is rigth now, you need to click 3 times in order to be able to select the file in your 'Group' content. It would be very time effective and less annoying to set the 'Group' default page to 'Content' and the default view in 'Table'.

Thank you.