Select to view content in your preferred language

Bulk delete groups

08-16-2024 04:09 PM
AmyWork3
Regular Contributor

I would like to be able to bulk delete groups as an administrator. Currently, there is no way on the "groups" page to select more than one group and take action on it. On the items/content page, one can do more with groups.

I came across this while trying to delete many groups that were created with Community Analyst. I'd like to bulk delete these groups from the UI, but finding that there isn't an easy solution. The Community Analyst groups are easy to find as most of their descriptions contain "Community Analyst Project Group".

Not sure if this was possible before the UI interface change where one now how to click on the "view details" button on the right side of the item, but finding I want to do more with groups than just one by one. 

2 Comments
RichardHowe

It's not an out-of-the-box ESRI solution (and I agree it shouldn't be that hard for them to implement), but Geo-Jobe's free admin tools offers this via their AGOL app and is what I use for the same task.

GEO Jobe Admin Tools Basic 

AmyWork3

Thanks @RichardHowe - I'll look at this more closely as an alternative solution.