ArcgisOnline for Organizations (AGOO) - group logon for teams

04-22-2013 07:24 AM
Inger_LiseWideroe
New Contributor III
I Realize this one might be far fetched, but I will submit it anyway since a lot of our field workers ask for this. Perhaps others have the same need?

In our organization we have teams using a shared tablet in a patrol vehicle for registraton in the field. 
They would like a single log on for their team, so they don't have to log in and out of the ESRI-app each time they get in the car.

I understand that each user should have a personal account, but it would be great if these could be added to a group log-on that they could all use in the field.
2 Comments
SueCarroll
All you need to do is create a team user account with a logon and password that the team members share.  For instance, create a user account called "Field Team A".  Then share the password with all the Team A members.  Then create a new user account called "Field Team B" and share that password with Team B members.
Inger_LiseWideroe
Thanks for suggestion Suec. We have a solution like that today for one patrol, but I have understood that all users in the organization should have personal accounts. Now that we have several teams in line who want to start using the ESRI-app in the field I realize that there should be a better way to deal with this.

Right now our organizations account is for 500 users. We will probably need all these for personal accounts. I don't want team logons to use of the same pool of allowed users since they are already registered. I would prefer if this could be handled  at a different level. If I create team logons I can't be sure that all employees that end up using the team logon also have a personal account.