Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Multiple Pop-Ups in Map

08-23-2022 07:26 AM
GIS_Fox
Regular Contributor

Hello,

My idea for AGOL would be to allow showing more than one pop-up at a time in map viewer. Having a way to show, pin open, or toggle multiple pop-ups within an ArgGIS Online Map is a feature that would enable broader functionality than just the standard overlapping single pop-up and help keep AGOL in line and on par with desktop GIS already offered by ESRI. 

For example, if I have a map and I need to have two pop-ups open to help my audience see data portrayed between two points of interest or need in a timely and direct manner, it would speed up the process rather than opening one after the other or zooming out until they overlap enough to open both at once. Not everyone is familiar with toggling through overlapping pop-ups and even limiting the number of pop-ups to two or three would be a great step forward.

Currently you can select multiple features and the pop-ups open with the overlap function where you toggle between however many are open, (eg, 1 of 5 in the top right of a pop-up), but just like panels on dashboards and other ESRI apps I would like to be able to have a pin icon to keep one or more pop-ups open, perhaps even at a smaller or more restricted scale if need be, and be able to effectively present direct information via this function. If not the pin function, then a limited or scalable option may be better. Allowing multiples until overlap is defaulted and the two or three pop-ups shift to the single pane and pop-up.

This idea would help serve presentation of data to a variety of audiences, both familiar with GIS and not, and I think would be a great benefit in showing the simple two or three data points simultaneously in quick or direct inquiry map uses.

I am eager to hear what the community thinks and if ESRI could use this in AGOL.

Many thanks & God bless,

Tags (1)